Friday, August 31, 2012

God-seeker {lesson two}

continuation of this post

lesson two began during one of the most difficult journeys i have faced

i was in the midst of foreclosure
you can read all of that story on my main blog if you don't know it
but it was an amazing time of seeing God clearly writing the script for each day

if i'd ever wondered the meaning of "one day at a time" i can truly say i learned it then
only sometimes it was more of "one minute at a time" or "one BREATH at a time"

life was...crazy.

and yet i had never felt so calm in the midst of chaotic times
yes, my heart was broken
but i had this strange peace
and no one understood it
(least of all me)

it was during this time that He led me to a second unfamiliar place
though this one looked a bit more like the church i had come to faith in
it was still...out there

angels, visions, scary accurate prophecy and all out CRAZY was just a normal night at this place
and while earlier in my life i probably would have balked and ran
there was something
so familiar about this unfamiliar

i began to realize that i had been operating in some of these realms for most of my life
(this is where i lost half of you, right?!)
but i never had language for it

how could i have said "i feel like God wants you to know..."when i couldn't believe that He spoke?
and yet...how could i not believe that He spoke when i so clearly knew that He did?
in this place
with strangely familiar in the unfamiliar
i began to learn
that the reason i made with confidence decisions the rest of the (even Christian) world thought crazy
was not because it was a whim
it really was His leading

time after time after time i had gathered the evidence

in this place, i gained the language.

and more than that
my eyes continued to be open

to the fact that He hadn't left the Mass
He hadn't left my church of origin
He hadn't left my "sunday morning" church
but He was most definitely here

that whole "church is universal" thing had begun for me in college
when i traveled to puerto rico and then to europe
sang songs in english while the german version was being sung beside me
and was moved to tears

somehow
i don't think i'd grasped
that the church is universal
even two blocks down the street

He is there
He is working
and my eyes were (are) slowly being opened
to the wild extremes He works in!

No comments:

Post a Comment